Immunoassay analyzers have a wide range of functions which can detect the presence and concentration of substances in the patient samples.The flexibility of immunoassay analyzers allows for them to be used for cancer markers testing, diagnosing infectious diseases, cardiac analysis, therapeutic drug monitoring, and allergy testing.
What should you consider?
Immunoassay analyzers can differ widely when it comes to specifications. To choose the immunoassay analyzer most appropriate for your lab’s operations, it is important to consider a variety of factors such as the types of tests and reagents needed, if automatic repeat and dilution are required, and the speed in which the tests can be completed. Below are some immunoassay analyzer specifications you must take into account before purchasing.
• capacity for random sampling and continuous access sampling
• types of tests and reagents needed
• whether automatic repeat and dilution are required
• testing throughput
• testing principle (microparticle enzyme, ion capture, fluorescence polarization, or chemiluminescence)
• analyzer’s sensitivity and the range of its test menu